“CEREC technology – Crowns in 1 visit”
Say goodbye to everything you thought you knew about dental restorations, and say hello to CEREC. CEREC is the most preferred CAD/CAM technology used by dentists worldwide. In just one office visit you can have your teeth fully restored and looking like new. CEREC treatments do not use amalgam, gold, or any other metal products; instead CEREC uses a ceramic, tooth colored material that helps restore your teeth back to their natural look and composition.
We are your local CEREC dentist for single-visit tooth restorations. Why go to the dentist a second time if you don’t have to?
What is CEREC?
CEREC is a technology for restoring damaged teeth, and this restoration can be completed in a single visit to the doctor’s office. It makes your teeth stronger and more beautiful, all while keeping your teeth looking natural. The restoration is metal-free, and the high-grade ceramic material is compatible with the natural tissue found in your mouth.
The CEREC Process
During your appointment, you and your doctor will discuss the details of the procedure and your doctor will answer any questions you may have. Your doctor will then apply a thin layer of reflective powder onto your tooth and will use a special 3D imaging camera to take a photo of your tooth. Using CEREC’s proprietary software, your restoration will be designed according to your tooth’s appropriate form and function. Then, CEREC will use diamond burs to create your restoration out of a piece of ceramic. Finally, the ceramic restoration is bonded to your tooth using state-of-the-art adhesive dentistry.
Why Choose CEREC?
There are many advantages of using CEREC over traditional crown technology.
- Time: CEREC crowns are made in one visit, saving you considerable time away from your job and family.
- Comfort: With CEREC, there is no need for a temporary crown, eliminating significant potential discomfort.
- Aesthetics: The strong, tooth-colored ceramic materials of CEREC restore your teeth to their natural strength, beauty, and function, and closely match the composition of your natural tooth structure.
- Strength: Milled ceramic is stronger than the traditional method of layering and pressing, so your smile will stay beautiful for years!
- Fillings: CEREC material and technology can also be used for fillings. Since these fillings are made out of porcelain, they are more durable than white composite fillings.